Thursday, September 22, 2011

QUESTION ABOUT VW TRANSPORTER VAN. IT GOES OFF WHEN THE ENGINE IS HOT!?

I have a VW transporter van. It started normally when it is cold but as soon as the engine is getting hotter, the engine suddenly stop. My technician told me it was the fuel pump. The situation continued even after replacing the fuel pump. Another technician said I should change the engine from injector system to carburetor. I don't like thi idea. How can I solve this engine stop problem?QUESTION ABOUT VW TRANSPORTER VAN. IT GOES OFF WHEN THE ENGINE IS HOT!?
You have to see whats not happening hot, no spark? no fuel? or too hot? the injector type system uses an engine temperature sensor and others to control fuel. it also has a way for checking trouble codes for these sensors. a bad sensor usually gives you an engine light, deferent year cars have different ways of getting codes, I'm not sure how to get codes from yours, but I think your problem is more likely a spark control module that the German's called an igniter. igniters control coil and you loose spark when they fail. at the beginning of their failure they work cold but stop allowing spark as they heat upQUESTION ABOUT VW TRANSPORTER VAN. IT GOES OFF WHEN THE ENGINE IS HOT!?
Have the fuel pressure regulator checked,and also have them

check for any sources that could be giving you a vapor lock,the

fuel boiling in a line close to a heat source such as the exhaust.