Thursday, September 22, 2011

Izusu Trooper Hiccups?

If I don't add Fuel Injector Cleaner to the gas (Heet) the Trooper doesn't run smoothly. The check engine light came on yesterday, but turned off when I filled up and added Heet. I used premium only. She doesn't like regular. I recently had a full tune up and timing belt change. Do I need to check the fuel filter? Also - she does best in snow and mud if I use manual 4WD instead of auto or TOD. How fast can I go in low 4WD? My husband says it's for %26quot;crawling%26quot; only, but I read the book and it seems to indicate I can go as fast as 35 mph in 3rd (automatic tranny). She has 103,000 miles and I am the 2nd owner. TIA.Izusu Trooper Hiccups?
I'd say check the Fuel Filter. I'm assuming by gas you mean petrol so it would probably be that.



Manual 4WD will always be better. Sorry I have no idea what a TOD is, but I have driven Jackaroo's (Troopers) and they are great cars, albeit with their fair share of problems.



Your Husband is wrong, it is mainly for crawling but Low Range can be handy in the sand etc. Probably thick snow as well, but we don't have that here.



Personally I have got as fast as 55-60kmh in 5th (manual) when getting up a big sand hill. The extra torque helped a lot and it made it easier to switch down gears.



You will save a lot of fuel and engine wear by not driving in low range if it isn't necessary though.