Wednesday, September 14, 2011

86 6.2 diesel fuel injector lines. Bought new ones but the inner diameter appears a little larger. Problem?

I bought injector lines for my GMC 6.2 diesel on-line. The price was right, however they were not marked. The parts store advised me they were pretty sure they were the correct ones, but could not 100% say for sure. That's why I paid $60.00 for the set including shipping. Anyways here I am ready to put the lines and I realize the inner diameter is a little larger. The bends also appear somewhat off but not drastic. The old lines look like they were twisted up over the years from past engine work. Is this going to be a problem? I was told by someone that the truck will never work right again if I use the wrong line. Is this true? There are 3 lines arraignments to chose when purchasing. One is for the 6.5L and the other 2, well? Is it possible I have the 6.5L lines because the inner diameter is larger or is this because its an new part that was modified over the years. Really need to know before I put this engine back together. Alot of work tearing the upper end apart to get to the Fuel Injector Pump. I sent the Injector Pump out to be checked/rebuilt if needed. When I reinstall the Pump there's talk about having the timing gears lined up. The Pump can only go back in one way, the same as it was taken off. The crank hasn't been moved so how can this change the timing?

Thanks Phil86 6.2 diesel fuel injector lines. Bought new ones but the inner diameter appears a little larger. Problem?
well a good bet if they dont look the same then they are not the same and the timing shouldnt be anything to worry over if nothing moved... but i would check the line size tell the to get any other size and look at them match one to what you have they coul d check that
  • linux web hosting
  • hair brush
  •