Thursday, September 22, 2011

1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... HELP!!!?

I have a 1993 Honda accord LX manual with 159k miles on her. Shes been having issues, my mechanic says,

%26quot;your fuel tank is full of crap and its sending that gunk through your fuel injection system, your injectors were so dirty I had a hell of a time cleaning them. Use fuel injection cleaner once a month%26quot;

Two fuel injector cleaners later ... I think she's dying .

Here is what she does. I'll be driving and it suddenly feels as if someone put a 2 ton rock on my car. She starts dropping velocity, and when I hit the accelerator she begins to make these %26quot;popping%26quot; sounds, and just wont accelerate, I think this is called %26quot;lag%26quot; I'm not sure.

My husband has been reading up on Hondas and has changed the EGR valve and turned down the ring in the FITV. But shes still on the fritz.

Does anyone know what to do? and if you think it is my fuel injection, system how can I take it apart to manually clean it?

~Micha~1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... HELP!!!?
Sorry, you need a new mechanic.

Unless the check engine light is comming on for an EGR code it is unlikely the problem.



Did he also clean the EGR ports in the intake manifold? If the ports are still plugged, changing the EGR valve won`t do anything.



If your fuel tank was really %26quot;full of crap%26quot; your fuel pump would be the first thing to get plugged up and the car wouldn`t even start.



I recommend getting a proper diagnosis from a honda repair technician or at the very least someone who is qualified to do driveability repairs.1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... HELP!!!?
It's not unheard of but your caytilic converter in your exhaust may be pluged.1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... HELP!!!?
If the mechanic said the tank was full of junk did they clean the tank? They should've cleaned it and put a new sock on the fuel pick-up. Also did they replace the fuel filter? Usually when the cat gets plugged your car lags all the time.