Thursday, September 22, 2011

I have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?

It puts out a cloud of black smoke if I throatle it from start off and it puts out a haze of fine blue smoke sometimes if i am going up hill. its 2003 and just had its filters all changed. Any sugestions, injectors maybe or diesell pump. i added a bottle of diesel cleaner to the fuel tank it helped but next fuel tank fill it was back to it's smokey self.I have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?
sounds like your head gasket has blown, the black and blue smoke is engine oil and fuel being burnt, i'd check your engine coolant to see if it's low or leaking, if your engine overheats you might crack or warp the head and this would be very expensive to change.

Check you engine oil level as well to see if its being burnt off.I have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?
Check your turbo-charger fins. And everyone else is correct here. Blue means oil being burnt.



When it smokes, the fuel is not being completely burnt, because of either not enough air, or timing problems... So check air delivery, gaskets, injectors, and timing (but if youve never had a problem, disregard that).I have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?
Black smoke is fine, it's just what diesels do: The blue could be oil though. I don't know the mileage or history of your engine, it's most likely to need injectors if it's a high mileage (over 150,000), very unlikely to be pump, could possibly be turbo bearings a bit worn.

Keep an eye on it: If it doesn't use oil, don't worry too much.. My old Nissan spews blue smoke on startup every day, but uses no oil or water, never gets any worse..

It won't be a head gasket problem.I have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?
probably needs the pump overhauling and the injectorsI have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?
Is this engine turbo -charged?I have a Volvo S80 2.4 D5 Diesel, recently it started to have a smokey exhaust, how should I fix it.?
Hi,

Turbo could be leaking oil into the intake system... Iv replace a few of these.. Check all of the rubber intake hoses from the inter-cooler and make sure there not bust... If they were bust you would see black soot were the air blows out the hole.. Also remove on end of one of the inter cooler hoses and look inside for oil leaking... There should be some oil in the pipe but excessive oil would indicate the turbo oil seals are leaking into the intake system...



I wouldn't think the head gaskets the problem..



GET IT REPAIRED



Iv seen some Volvo turbo diesel engines run on the oil that's leaking into the system really bad... Its a scary situation to be in... The engine revs all the way up blue smoke pores out the back and the only way to stop it is to cut off the air supply...



The customer was in with us a few weeks before getting it checked.. We told he she needs a new turbo. She said she cant afford it because she was getting a new kitchen,,



I replaced her engine after it blew while she was grabbing hey young child out of the back in a cloud of blue smoke and a roaring engine that kept going even with the keys removed



Get it checked out if i was you!!
  • whats wrong with my wife
  • clearing up my skin
  •