Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?

on my 2002 sl2 i have a misfire on the 1 cylinder i have changed the plugs wires egnition module and coils and it still misses i even swapped the plug wires to make sure they were good and the spark plugs and still stayed on 1 the compression on all cylinders is around 180psi i was just wandering if it could be caused by the crank sensor and how could i check that besides that the only other thing i can think of is the fuel injector and i run cleaner through every oil change any ideasI have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?
A valve is sticking it sounds like. You need that valve replacedI have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?
IT'S A SATURN............THAT'S THE PROBLEMI have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?
You;ve lareday tried everything I would have mentioned.

On a side note, I once had my 92 Saturn SL1 tuned at the dealer. I went on a trip and it started misfiring. I finally got it to a garage, and found out that the Dealer's mechanic hadn't screwed one of my plugs back in all the way.I have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?
180 PSI sounds quite high....should be around 120. Sounds like a difficult problem. Possibly the computer. I think I'd start with looking at the crank sensor as well as the crank sensor ring. There should be two sensors. There is a cam sensor most likely. Some engines have 2 crank sensors, some have 1 crank and 1 cam. But you'll generally find them both when you look closely. Could be one of the two. My cousin had an 89 MK VIII that would develop a miss when the turn signal light burned out. Go figure. Good luck.I have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?
use a noid light to test wire to the 1 injector if you get a signal all the cam \crank sensors are working it is probally the injector it can be tested you dont need to keep swaping parts that is the expencive way to fix thingsI have a misfire on a 2002 saturn sl2 what could be the problem?
Secondary fuel mixture problems can make a cylinder miss fire. The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) gasses may be blocked off from some of the cylinders, and overloading 1 cylinder with too much exhaust gas which would cause a lean miss fire. Or, you could have an intake manifold gasket leaking too much air into the 1 cylinder. You need to hook up a shop scanner to your OBD-II data port (under the steering wheel) and monitor the cylinder misfire and fuel trim data.