Thursday, September 22, 2011

2003 Intrepid SE 2.7L check engine light on?

While my wife was driving our Intrepid, she said she noticed the check engine light was on when the fuel light %26quot;binged%26quot; that she was low on gas. I asked specifically if it was on before %26amp; she said she didn't know. I have scoured the internet for fault codes and found a few. I tried the on-off-on-off-on thing to get the code(s) it might be and the P-codes don't show on the odometer like I read it/they should while pressing the trip set button. The only thing that happens is the check engine light blinks 10 times. I put Lucas fuel injector cleaner in last night before I filled up but haven't driven it this morning. Any ideas why the check engine light would be on and how to get the codes? I do know I need to change the plugs and wires; could that be it? I should be able to take it to an auto parts store later on tonight and get them to read it, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it might be and/or how to get the codes on my own?2003 Intrepid SE 2.7L check engine light on?
The 10 flashes you got were actually 5 flashes, a pause, and 5 more flashes, which is a Code 55, signifying the test for codes has ended. Turn the key on and off, on the 3rd time leave the key in the ON position, then start counting flashes. The flashes signify the numbers of the codes. For example it may flash 4 times, then pause, then 3 times. This would be a 43. This is just an example, but there should be an even longer pause between the flashes for the next code. Hope this helps out.2003 Intrepid SE 2.7L check engine light on?
Take it to Midas or any dealer or auto repair2003 Intrepid SE 2.7L check engine light on?
cycle the key on and off 3 times to get the codes or go to autozone and they will scan for free.2003 Intrepid SE 2.7L check engine light on?
The chech engine light will go on if something is wrong. So I would check the engine or just remove the light then it wont ever go on. I hope that helps :)