Thursday, September 22, 2011

1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... Help!!!!?

I have a 1993 Honda accord LX manual with 159k miles on her. Shes been having issues, my mechanic says,

%26quot;your fuel tank is full of crap and its sending that gunk through your fuel injection system, your injectors were so dirty I had a hell of a time cleaning them. Use fuel injection cleaner once a month%26quot;

Two fuel injector cleaners later ... I think she's dying .

Here is what she does. I'll be driving and it suddenly feels as if someone put a 2 ton rock on my car. She starts dropping velocity, and when I hit the accelerator she begins to make these %26quot;popping%26quot; sounds, and just wont accelerate, I think this is called %26quot;lag%26quot; I'm not sure.

My husband has been reading up on Hondas and has changed the EGR valve and turned down the ring in the FITV. But shes still on the fritz.

Does anyone know what to do? and if you think it is my fuel injection, system how can I take it apart to manually clean it?

~Micha~1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... Help!!!!?
I will be honest with you, just reading articles on the internet and trying to diagnose your car with that info rarely fixes the problem, actually it costs you more time and money in the long run just throwing parts at it attempting to fix it. I would seriously consider taking it to a reputable repair facility that does engine diagnostics to determine the source of your problem. Usually this costs an hours labor and there is no obligation to get the work done there if you elect not to. Once they find out what the problem is, decide if either you or hubby can repair or if you feel more comfortable having a shop do the repair.1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... Help!!!!?
check fuel pressure and exhaust system/one of them is breaking down after it gets hot1993 Honda Accord on the Fritz ... Help!!!!?
is it tuned up...find another opinion