Thursday, September 22, 2011

My ford transit 99 diesel red light still comes on after service. what could be the fault?

i did ask the question earlier about my ford transit 99 model diesel van. the red light with pic of engine on it comes on after driving about a kilometer and doesnt go off. although once or twice it has gone off. people said i should change the oil and fuel filter which i did. also the mecahnis charged me another 190 to clear the injectors. but aftyer all this light still comes on after driving a km. when i strt the vehicle it goes off and comes on after 1 km. could it be a faulty sensor. if so how do i know which one, or what else could it be as it worries me.My ford transit 99 diesel red light still comes on after service. what could be the fault?
Should be able to be pointed in the right direction by having the codes read from the computer. Could be an Oxygen sensor needing cleaned or replaced.