Thursday, September 22, 2011

2001 Dodge Neon having major problems?

How do I know if my timing belt is bad. I previously had a shop put in a used engine and the car was burning fuel twice as fast so 150 miles rather then getting 300 a tank. It also was dumping it in the oil. They told me it was my O2 sensors. They then cleaned mine both and the check engine light was off. It still burns gas like crazy and does have a loss of power compared to the other 2 engines that I had in the car. I know what this engine should drive like. So we still are dumping gas in the oil even after the o2 was cleaned. Now he says I need new ones and he will put them in for free. He swears he is something 4 letters certified and can work on any engine their is besides planes. If he cleaned them and its reading fine now, why change them. I spoke to about 10 different mechanics and such and they all said the 02 sensor would not do such a drastic change to the car. But their clean now. So what is the deal. Should I get the 2 sensors. He told me he can't guarantee that is the problem in writing but he knows it is. But if I fix that then he will tell me its my fuel injectors. Then he'll say it was those things that did my engine bad. He seems very persistent to have me change the o2 sensors and always says how im saving 200-300 in labor cost their. I will also mention that he told me that he pulled a code for my transmission and that may be why I lost some power. Crazy thing is when I took the car home and drove not 1 mile home. I checked my fluids, and my trany was empty.. not a drop on the stick. Yes the car idled and was running warm.. So I really think this guy sucked it out to get this trany code then forgot to put fluid back in or left it out so that way we would drive the car and then blow the trainy which saves them the labor on the engine. So I left the car parked and then went with my other car and got fluid for it. Right before I brought the car to him I had my codes ran from Auto Zone. Yes they do have a good machine that reads codes. Their was no trany code. 10 min later its at his shop and I leave it their to come back to find out we had the same codes plus he had a trany code.. Am I being shafted here and if so how do I sue a shop. Do I take it to 2 other shops and have them check out my car and then get the reports and then take him to court . Will the judge see in our favor. My wife is pregnant and in the navy so I think we can use Legal from the navy for this. Please help2001 Dodge Neon having major problems?
when you scan any vehicle you cannot make codes appear that are not there,so if he got codes from it they was true codes,if you are thinking about suing anyone you need more than one opinion on anything not just someones word for it,and you need proof that the problems really exist on the vehicle,if you sue and a judge see,s it in your favor then yes you,ll win other wise its a waste of time,you need a professional to help you with this matter that can diagnose your vehicle and tell you exactly what has and what hasn't been done to it and proceed from that point on with it,other wise its your word against his,good luck on this one i think you,ll need it.2001 Dodge Neon having major problems?
First off, yes, the mechanic is giving you the raw dawg. dont let him touch it ever again. Now on to your problem, the %26quot;new%26quot; motor you had put in (which most likely came from a junk yard and had 200k on it) has blown piston rings. Thats why you have less than adequate power, and aweful gas millage (the lack of power means the engine has to work harder to get the car moving which means a drastic drop in fuel millage. also gas is being lost into the oil). The only way gas can get into the oil is if the piston rings are shot. You need a new motor, one that did not come from a junk yard.
  • heal acne scars
  • ram interrogate
  •