Thursday, June 2, 2011

Is this a problem with my injectors? (Diesel Engine)?

I've got a 1990 Turbo Diesel VW Jetta. Lately it's been starting hard, running rough (though slightly better after it warms up) and producing a terrible amount of smoke. Originally I thought it might be getting air in the fuel lines, but I don't think it's that anymore. I've tried running diesel injector cleaner straight in the IP. The engine ran slightly better off of the cleaner but there was basically no improvement when I switched back to regular diesel.

So I'm wondering if there's anyway to know if the problem is in the injectors before I take it in. I know I can get a diagnostic test done, but doing that before I potentially change the injectors adds another $160 or so to the bill.

How can I tell if the problem isn't because of my fuel pump dying or damage to my cylinders (in which case I'd probably be best just to give up on the car)?Is this a problem with my injectors? (Diesel Engine)?
Heck no its not time for another motor. Diesels dont wear out...the diesel components do. Probably a gasket and injector issue. Keep an eye on the oil level. If the engine is eating the oil you need to have something else checked out (turbo)...but doubt it. Start heading to the shop for some injectors or injector rebuildIs this a problem with my injectors? (Diesel Engine)?
for fuel pump checks you need to check pressure at fuel rail. but if smoking it is probably worn injectors, if a high mileage engine, or a sticking injector. If cylinder damage a compression check will tell you if done correctly.Is this a problem with my injectors? (Diesel Engine)?
time for a new motor
  • dermatologist advice
  • kids myspace
  •