Thursday, June 2, 2011

1999 Ford Ranger Problem, Please help, I have no clue what else to do...?

Alright, about three months ago my 1999 ford ranger xlt 3.0L v6 with flex fuel started to mess up, it was like it was loosing power... whenever i start it, it shakes, when i step on the gas it will cut out and then go but then cut out more and more and more, its a constant thing, hot or cold... i can drive on the highway but it takes forever to get up to speed because of the lack of power... I have changed the fuel pump and the screen and the filter inside the tank. I have also changed the fuel filter outside of the tank, and the lines. That cause me around $600. I have checked all my fueses because someone said to do that... I have checked my Transmition fluid. I have used a fuel injector cleaner. The truck still runs its just annoying and im not sure when its just going to leave me stranded. Please tell me what i can do to fix this, if you know what it is.. If you have any ideas of what it is tell me and tell me how to check if it is the problem you think it might be and please tell me how to fix this as well. thanks in advance.... 1999 Ford Ranger Problem, Please help, I have no clue what else to do...?
I would suggest that you take your Ranger to a Ford Dealer, have them run a diagnostic on your truck. Or, you could continue replacing parts until you hit upon the root of your trucks problem.



It sounds from your description that the plugs not firing properly. But

that is just an educated guess.

1999 Ford Ranger Problem, Please help, I have no clue what else to do...?
fuel injected engines all have a Fuel Pressure Regulator.It is on the return side of the looped fuel line. If the regulator is not maintaing a preset pressure for the car.. you will get varying amunts of fuel to the injectors as the engine runs. This sounds exactly like the symptoms you are experiencing.

Thereis a good chance that Autozone.com has a free online repair guide for your vehicle. Why not look it up? And also look up fuel regulator in the shopping section and it will show you a picture of what I am referring to.

Good luck.
  • african american hair
  • i have many invention ideas
  •