Thursday, June 2, 2011

1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo

I am in desperate need of getting my jeep started. this is the rundown, I put on new plugs, wires, dist cap and rotar button, pickup coil sensor (same as camshaft sensor), and crankshaft sensor after I did the I did the key on off thing, 3 times, and found i had a code 11, which is a camshaft/crankshaft sensor problem. After I put the new sensors in the codes showed no problems, however still wont start, turns over, and tries to run but then dies. Checked fuses, have gas to the injectors, dont know how much pressure tho. Havent changed fuel filter yet, but dont think that is prob. How could all go bad at once? Havent put diagnostic computer on it yet as am trying to save money to do it myself. called many mechanics and have done all they said to do, including trying to clear the antitheft device thing, by locking and unlocking the passenger door with the key. Ii am getting fire to the plugs but possibly not enuff gas. Also added new gas and drygas additive, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo
You might want to check the fuel pressure, You can do this by disconnecting the fuel filter inlet line (from the tank.), and the end of the line into a quart container. The fuel pump should fill the container up within 30 seconds. If it does that, it might be the fuel pressure regulator. Chrysler also had a problem with lifters. Make sure your oil level is full. If the lifter isn't pumping up you wont beable to start the engine.1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo
sounds like a fuel pump1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo
go ahead change that fuel filter it would't hurt and the jeep will thank you later. But it might be the Throttle body. I had one go bad on me and everyone told me that it was the fuel pump. I listened to them and then I went to my mechanic and he told me that the last fuel pump was fine it was the throttle body.

SAVE the time and take it to your Mechanic.1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo
try pulling off ur battery cable for a minute or so to reset ur computer1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo
I would say fuel pump. That falls into the years that Chrysler had a lot of problems with fuel pumps. I had a 1998 Grand Cherokee that had the same problem. If you replace the pump, find a Carquest and buy an Airtex brand pump. I've had no problems since I replaced mine.1996 jeep grand cherokee wont start, new plugs, wires, dist, cap, rotar button, coil, crankshaft sensor,pickuo
Check fuel psi, Id say fuel pump is gone out. The code you got will show up if the engine is not running.
  • family cell phone plan
  • as level psychology podcats
  •