Thursday, June 2, 2011

I need to clean the fuel injectors on a 2000 Nissan Frontier. Can someone tell a novice how to do this?

Is there a good product that I can add to the gas that will do the trick. I've already used the inexpensive $2 or $3 dollar STP type brands, but they have not solved the problem. I've been using these additives for about the last 6 months, and they have kept the problem from getting worse, perhaps made it a bit better, but have certainly not solved the problem. I know that Walmart is supposed to offer some service for only $15.00 or so that is done when they change your oil but I'm not to sure if what they offer is even effective, and I would rather take care of it myself. Any insight that you may provide will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou!I need to clean the fuel injectors on a 2000 Nissan Frontier. Can someone tell a novice how to do this?
at the smog shop, i used to recommend the STP complete fuel system cleaner..the one in the grey bottle. it seemed to work best of the %26quot;tank additive%26quot; cleaners. at the toyota dealership, we use a 3 part cleaner. 1 goes into the tank, we remove the intake and hand clean the throttle body, and then we disconnect the fuel pump, and run a bottle of cleaner directly through the injectors. its about 129 bucks, but if you are dumping a 5 dollar bottle of cleaner a week.....its your call. what exactly makes you believe the injectors are that dirty?I need to clean the fuel injectors on a 2000 Nissan Frontier. Can someone tell a novice how to do this?
pour a can seafoam in your gas tankI need to clean the fuel injectors on a 2000 Nissan Frontier. Can someone tell a novice how to do this?
same thing is happening to me i went to walmart to do it but it came out the same i would just bring it to a mechanic to do a estimate