Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What is the best way to clean my Fuel Injectors?

I have the 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 2.5L. It has %26quot;Throttle-Body Injection.%26quot; It is a powerful little car, and i like it. I also baby it.



I want to know the BEST WAY to clean my INJECTORS!!



Do I:



1) Put in a Bottle of Gumout with RE-GANE (I think its Gum-out, says 6t Times more Cleaner than Lucas) its called %26quot;Super Gum-Out%26quot; when ther eis like 1/8 a tank left, drivingit near-empty then FILLING it to get it through...



2) Actually have the mechanic CLEAN the injectors, how does he do this...



or 3) Just REPLACE the Fuel Filter, and leave the Injectors alone?



And would i run the Gum-out BEFORE or AFTER the Fuel Filter gets changed.. BEFORE to not put GUMOUT in the NEW Filter, or AFTER to get it through an UNCLOGGED ONE?



Sometimes ny car takes a little bit to turn over, it has slightly staggered starts. If I hold my foot on the Gas, it starts Fine.. but that caoses Engine wear. I already have a Quart of the Lucas in, along with 4 quarts 10W-30 Valvoline MaxLife.



How would you clean this car's Fuel System, -on the cheap,- to clear a potentially %26quot;a little bit clogged%26quot; System?What is the best way to clean my Fuel Injectors?
Actually my favorite thing to do is use SeaFoam.

It's fun too lol.

Go buy one can of SeaFoam

Put 1/3 can in gas tank

Put 1/3 can through the power brake vaccuum line

Some people put the other 1/3 of can in oil, but you MUST change the oil after about 30 miles, because it thickens.

You really need to watch a video of how to use SeaFoamWhat is the best way to clean my Fuel Injectors?
Wal-Mart of all places does a two part system cleaning, which is all you need for $25.