Wednesday, November 24, 2010

240sx flooded engine problems.?

I changed my stock fuel injectors to 400CC fuel injectors. Stock injectors are 180CC. Something was wrong with my battery so i kept trying to crank the car, i guess to much fuel got into the engine. The car finally started up and died after a few seconds, so i decided to start the car again but it wouldn't start. i tried over 10 times, but nothing. I checked the oil and it was filled with GAS! nothing but gas. So i decided to change the injectors back to stock, and i drained my oil, and i put brand new oil in. I let the car sit for a few days with everything open so the fuel could dry out. Now i started the car and it starts up for a 5 seconds and turns off, and there's a bunch of white smoke coming out the tailpipe and random white smoke coming out the valve. I have no idea what the problem is.

How much damage can a flooded engine do???240sx flooded engine problems.?
I think there's gas that is on your catalytic converter and your motor is trying to burn it and that is where the white smoke is coming from. I dont think you have that much damage done to the car, just a little. I think you'll be fine if you run your car for a little while, have you tried opening the throttle a little bit and trying to let the car finish smoking ?