Thursday, November 18, 2010

Anyone know how to change a fuel injector on a 1994 Accord EX?

Just wanting to know if I would be way in over my head if I tried to change a fuel injector. The mechanic that I took it to to look at said one would cost me around $100 dollars and like 3 hours of work. Being a college student on loans, no expense sounds reasonable! So I thought I would look into doing it on my own. Any ideas?Anyone know how to change a fuel injector on a 1994 Accord EX?
there is alot more to it than just the injector. there is 2 wire harnesses under the glove box, one of them u have to undo to relive the pressure on the injectors, have to show u. and if you damage the o-ring on the injector pulling it out u have to replace it, usually good to go ahead and replace them anyways. it can be quiet a job if you don't know what your doing..Anyone know how to change a fuel injector on a 1994 Accord EX?
No way is that 3 hours labor. First thing buy Honda parts. If your only replacing one injector it still a good idea to get all 4 injector o-rings. Sometimes when you pull the fuel rail the injectors might be stuck in rail and its good to have all o-rings in case one of the four gets damaged.



First step get parts, then remove gas cap. What that other guy said about wires don't listen to him I do this for a living. Then it's easy as removing the fuel rail and the injectors will come out. They are sandwiched inbetween the fuel rail and intake manifold. As long as you take your time you should be alright.